The owner is responsible for:
1. Performing all management and rental functions for the assisted unit and deciding if the family is suitable for tenancy of the unit.
2. Maintaining the unit in accordance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS).
3. Complying with equal opportunity requirements.
4. Preparing and furnishing to LHA information required under the HAP Contract.
5. Collecting any security deposit from the family.
6. Collecting the portion of the rent that the tenant owes to the owner that is not covered by the Housing Assistance Payment.